Monday, March 30, 2009

Daylight Saving Time Attacks!

Alas, i have finally fallen victim to daylight saving time, the practice of setting your clocks one hour ahead on one particular midnight. Singapore keeps you stowed away, safe from this practice which supposedly exploits the sunlight and adds an extra hour of work in the sunlight.

Woke up at 8am, made a peanut butter sandwich, knew i was gonna be on time for the 9am service at Kensington Temple. So i reached at 8.55am, ready for a great service. I step into the main hall, which was totally FULL and i see Rev Colin Dye on the stage, and the worship team missing. I glance at my watch, I glance at the ushers, uhh.. i'm supposed to be early. I'm sure there was a grin somewhere. 'Late' by an entire hour.

So, ended up staying on for the 11pm service. What a welcome to the world of daylight savings. It wasn't so bad, since a few others were afflicted too. Spread the love o daylight savers!

Yang

No comments: