Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stellare Chunky Monkey

Wow. What a super Monday night. I don't think there was anything else to describe the anticipation and excitement we had towards being able to "perform" at a venue, much less given the fact that we've only jammed together for like what 5 times in total. Wow.

For those of you who didn't know, my band of brothers Stellar Memory and I auditioned for a spot at B&J's Cathay at 9pm on Monday night. I think my stomach was flipping in and out multiple times in a minute, as we set up. It was interesting.

*before I digress, thanks Yang for your Taylor. Cleaned your Taylor so quite a fair bit of the muck that you've built up over the years is now disappear. Oh, and had to restring, so I'll get you another pack of Elixirs from somewhere. Light? or Medium? (:

We did Chris Daughtry's Home as a warm-up. It was a myriad of getting levels, getting ready. And thankfully, the guys brought support. My hometeam consisted of Jay, Nick and my precious Mum. Whoo! Go you guys! Following that, we just did what we practiced the night before and hoped for the best. Despite nerves, we pulled it off decently.

So, what about it? Yea, we passed the audition (: with flying colours? Especially in our own eyes, in spite of our mistakes during the audition, I think we passed it well.

1 comment:

veNe said...

HOW DO I GET IN???????

vene