Saturday, April 12, 2008

SCDF and you.

Wow. First week book-out. I think the SAF guys are probably upset right about now. But then again, most of them that are in at this stage won't be out to read this anyway. (ha!) The news is out, I have a new phone. Its funky and it takes pictures. Bleh. So, this isn't convention, but hey I suppose a photo post would be nice right? But I don't exactly have the content to fill up all this space. So I'm just going to rant about my daily schedule in the army at least for orientation week. Or something to that extent. Thats Madeline on the right. She's my current pride and joy. And I love her to bits. Yum. Feast on it and drool. So in the morning, we get up at 4am. Pack our beds. Change into Physical Training Kit or PT Kit for short. Check the locker. Answer any unanswered messages. Wake the rest of the bunk. Polish boots. Brush teeth. Before shortly falling in down stairs with my platoon with our mess trays and mess mugs full to the three dots awaiting water parade. Whats water parade? We drink water, easy as that. We fall in, diam the company when the DIs come, greet the DIs, ask for permission to continue, sediah and then shout, "Charlie, drink up, booyah!" and then proceed to drink the water. After that, kneeling on one foot and holding the mess mug over our heads. Morning PT follows that. I've got amazing DIs, Lances and Corporals. And one heck of a Sergeant. Respect due, respect given, lovely. Exercise, and more exercise. Basic routines, jogs the like, then we fall in for breakfast. After breakfast we had talks since it was orientation week. For some/most it was sleeping time. For the rest of us, it was nudging time when the speaker looked our way in a nervous bid to wake up our platoon mates. Lovely. This normally goes on till about 9.30am. So after that, we're still doing orientational stuff like bunk talks, uniform, area cleaning, toilet cleaning, bunk cleaning, ironing. A lot of maintenance this week. I believe next week will be more super (:

At night when we get to talk to loved ones. I called my mum every night! (: I know I left out a lot, but the internet is hardly the best medium to discuss army stuff as most army guys would know. So, be happy! (:

Toodles!
Josh

1 comment:

.madison. said...

heh i didnt even realise i had a profile on this site, but apparently i do...go the haircut! sexy. *very nice* (borat voice) no but tis good. sounds intense - and you only described up to 9.30am! thats crazy. sounds awesome and im glad you're enjoying it. keep me upated.
love & missing

madison :)