Monday, April 7, 2008

Permutation and ...

Combination locks. Disgusting. I hate these things. Ever so recently (yesterday in fact), I decided it would be a super idea to set the combination lock on my Gibson hardcase. I remember setting it to 007, testing it once and it worked then.

And then, I tried it again when I wanted to open the case, and it didn't work. Sweet.

So I spent a while last night, starting from 000, before shortly giving up at 068. I was looking on youtube to how to open combination locks. Turns out it didn't help much. Wasted an hour trying to find a shorter way.

This morning began another search, albeit I thought I'd conquer it by the 100's. And start at 500. So I worked my way up slowly. 565..586..598... and whoop! nothing.. It didn't seem to take me too long, so I started on 600..638 and I felt a click when I went to 8.. So I thought, hey maybe 8 is correct.. So I played around with the middle number.. Turns out the combination was 678!! (:

My Gibson is in safe hands now and 678 combinations can't fail me.

No comments: