Thursday, May 29, 2008

I gave in...

Twice this week.. To two different things..

How has life been? Its an interesting question. I will attempt to explain it as bittersweet and sour. Monday, I watched as the rest of the combo band played in front of Mr Lim Swee Say and 104 other tables worth of SCDF, ICA, Prisons and Hometeam Academy Senior Officers. I would have loved to be up there. I can't say I didn't mind the 6 course dinner. But seriously, I would have loved to be up there. I bought myself two surf-styled tees from Cotton On while during my two hour break in Suntec after set-up, that was the highlight of the day. Either that or it was the shark's fin they served at dinner. I gave in to buying those shirts (:

Tuesday, camp. I learned about a CA suit. Its disgusting. For army guys, its a Hazmat suit. For non-army guys, its a suit that looks like someone is about to drop an anthrax bomb or some other chemical weapon. Basically, its my long four uniform (which already makes you sweat) coupled with another suit on top and a gas mask with a canister. The suit is to make sure you have no gaps to be exposed. I did guard duty that night. Turns out SCDF guard duty is much nicer than army guard duty, we don't have turn outs or wake ups, and I picked a detail with four hours continued rest. Prowling was a bit freaky given that BRTC is beside a graveyard.

Wednesday, camp. Book out day. Also one of my most trying days in BRTC. After lunch, we had weight training. Pushed myself hard. Then falling in, platoon stuffed up again so we got punished hard. I think we hit 300 jumping jacks, 100 power legs and 100 push-ups, in succession. Given that the half of the platoon that actually worked during weight training was dead tired, it was more than tiring. Immediately following that, without any break, we had another PT lesson. Interval changed to Endurance. OC wasn't happy about the fact that a lot of people can't do 1 pull-up, so we had more punishment. What is pain? Pain is love. Sigh, book out after dinner. Almost gave up during the PT lesson. Was close to breaking point emotionally.

So whats the good news? I'm a proud new owner of a PSP (:
Kind of a contrast. But I am loving it right now.

No comments: