Wednesday, September 3, 2008

life is not what i thought it was...

...21 hours ago


Yup! I'm 21. OH NO! Haha...

I had my party on Saturday night at home, with relatives and church people from some of the ministries i'm in - MKC, Youth Comm, my BS group etc. Had to try to keep it as such, if not would have to invite the WHOLE CHURCH! I didn't even invite any other friends.
Still, the party was great! Good food (from the stamford, darn, no photo) - it was an international buffet! Pasta, soft shell crab, green curry, cheesy fish etc. Very unconventional, and not too much more expensive than the pure chinese spread. Good fun - everyone was pretty upbeat. Good gifts - mmmhmmm haha. Figure shall not be disclosed, but i shalt have to treat my cousins!
We had a game that night - it was really funny! Basically everyone was split into groups (so all the heads went together, the hands went together, etc.) and was given a set of food items eg. bread, peanut butter, whipped cream, and had to come up with something creative, with a story behind it. Till now i still laugh at the stuff, it was really funny!
I shall go into more detail, with photos to come :)

Really thank my parents, and especially mum, for being so thick-skinned and for working her ass off to help organise the party. Would also like to thank everyone who was present, and even those who weren't but well-wished :) I would really liked to have been able to invite everyone, but it wouldn't be practical, and I would have died.

Any regrets? Yeah - there was some element of this, but I was hoping my dad's side would be able to integrate more. Kudos to the aunties and uncles for being so friendly. Wish the game groups had split more evenly though... Was hoping to regroup for the second game but didn't have the time for it.
The other regret would have been not being able to invite everyone who has been a part of my life, especially my dear cousins over in Aussielasia. Miss you all!
Oh yeah. And i didn't take enough photos! D'OH!

No comments: