Monday, May 18, 2009

Dense Compression

To compress time,

The last few months have been SUCH a blur. Honestly, its been one event after another so much so that I haven't exactly had time to get it all down on paper (or in this case, on the web). So I'm going to highlight the main points of whats been going on.

Ca-ryn and Ern's Wedding

Not Ernie Chang, but Ernie Voon my new cousin-in-law. Haven't been to a wedding where I've known the bride and groom personally for a while now. I think the last one was Wes and Eleanor's. Anyway, got invited to sing with Ernie and Edmund at the wedding. Super apprehensive about playing piano and singing alone. But hey, the picture up there kinda makes me look in control.

It was a really beautiful wedding. Really. And the best shot of Ernie (LIM) that I've seen in a long time. I think one of the best things was having Vene around. Miss ya sis! Wish you could've been there for Zouk!

Stellar Memory @ Zouk & Heeren

I think these were probably the most public venues we've EVER played at. The other guys have been at Timbre before, but not me. One thing I've really come to love is really the estatic feeling I get being with these guys. There's something about Ernie's lameness which is a budding form of creativity, Edmund's spontaneouity (if there's such a word). There's a mutual respect since we've grown as a band, and I believe this will help us churn out better stuff. Finally released the first song I feel has spot on lyrics. Or maybe its just the chorus (: ha. Once again, Ernie writes the best hooks, but interesting pre-chorus'.




There was so much energy, that all the hooks came out more pronounced than usual. Props go to TANYA LAI for the videos, JEREMY for the photos, NICK for introducing us to AMANDA, who gave us the opportunity to be at the two venues. Also to BRICE, a bassist whose musical opinion I've come to respect and admire. OH, and Nike for the free shoes and pink dry-fit tee.

What else?

Other than recording, been actively writing a few of my own songs. So I'll give you guys the heads-up when they come to fruition, but I'm aiming high here, asking a few great musicians I respect to lay the tracks down with me and hopefully it becomes their song too. Bought an Xbox360 too but thats separate for when I seriously need to de-stress. Resident Evil 5 ftw.

What can't I wait for?

Family camp. My gosh, haven't been out of the country for so long. Since enlistment. I've got like..... 10 months to go. April 2010. Also, family camp means that Yang's coming back and with him, my chance to really rigourously test a PRS. But also means I have to relish control over the beautiful acoustic that has been on loan to me.
I think I also can't wait for Stellar Memory to finally go recording. Yeah, OH. Also want to thank Gerald from Lunar Node for doing the mix for us during Zouk. Nick said it was a stark contrast in volume to all the bands that were performing, and I think that gave us the biggest edge. Our recording is being done by him too. So, yeah. Whoo!

Anyway,
Till the next post
xiong.

No comments: