Sunday, May 10, 2009

blessed day!

(totally unrelated photo)

Vesak Day and Mother's Day - awesome.
I love clan dinners - it's just nice to have the whole family together, and all the cousins... although we're just a little short!
(ah it runs in the genes - monkey see...)

I think i really felt quite blessed today somehow. Ben asked me to sub drums for hokkien and mandarin and at first i was honestly quite hesitant, but found myself in the mph at 2 and 4.30pm, behind the set (love the snare).
It was meant to bless the mothers, but i think i left away feeling blessed too - pastor was there, and it was quite cool seeing them worship.

I feel Calvary is quite an interesting place. You kinda get to see different facets of ministry, if you will just look a little closer. I mean, you can find bits of Cebu in mighty kids, you see small settings in hokkien and mandarin services, and you have the larger congregation for 7.45 and 11am.
(carnations!)

And now - other interesting pictures for the week:

(XYQ's new welcome team. plus ghost in the back.)

(the little device, whose draw is so powerful...)

(... that it has enticed my parents!)

I kid you not. Maybe mum was just joking, but we were joking around about what to buy her for mother's day and she said a Wii. HA! then i told her there was Wii Fit...

More photos:

(save our planet - what happens to lecture notes after exams)

(the great shift-out: no more hostel for me!)

(2 cars... can you believe it)

(sean's new pencil case - apparently the school is rather uptight about cheating)

(study hard boys!)

No comments: