Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FAMILY FORCE FIVE FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!

You know, I hardly blog guys, but......

Family Force 5.

Suprise gig in Sydney.

FREAKING. INCREDIBLY. AWESOMELY. BLOODY. FANTASTIC.

Was $15 well spent. Went to the show that night, with a no-name band, New Empire, and Family Force 5, and it freaking rocked. It was crazy. I still have a bad ringing in my ears, and I'm still jigging to the music which I left behind about an hour and a half ago. Its going to be a long time before I get over the concert. It was a pretty small room, but it was an incredible performance, a display of dazzling musicianship and stage moves. The psychedelic awesomeness of the show can be summed up with one phrase; "keytar, a lead singer with hulk gloves, and a guitarist who danced on the bar."

Best thing was, I went there early with a friend, as I was walking down the street, lo and behold, the lead singer of Family Force 5 was sitting there on a bench. So I got to meet him, take a photo, and afterwards, the rest of the band, as they came to meet with him. Nice guys, and an AWESOME FREAKING SHOW.

Bad phone pictures dont do this show justice. Not nearly. Never in a million years.


During their soundcheck.


Concert in full swing. They headbang and dance like nobody's business.


He seriously had silver hulk gloves, and he seriously performed with them on (see, he's punching the air).


Thats the lead singer, Soul Glow Activator, when I met him on the street (awesome); really really nice guy, and AWESOME!

No comments: