Friday, February 19, 2010

iMum: my hip mum

Those who have seen my facebook - yes, my mother is a proud owner of an iPod Touch! Happy birthday in advance mum - love dad and son.

I guess this is just proof of how endearing Apple products can be. Kudos to the company for designing a hip and trendy product that is capable and easy-to-use. Mum still has a long way to go before you could coin her truely tech-savvy, but this is a first step that would otherwise have not been taken if not for the Apple iPod.

I shall still adamantly declare that the iPod is not the best mp3 player out there, and getting stuck with iTunes is quite nonsense. Especially in SG, where you just simply can't buy songs or movies over the store.

But it is pretty.
(mum, elated that there are korean dramas on youtube)


Apple still hasn't quite sold me on their mp3 players.. i think i now look for convergence, and the iPhone's camera and inability to multitask can't quite cut it, though i must say everything else about it is pretty attractive. I finally gave in after the months of waiting and got a new (old) phone. We shall see how that comes out over the next few months - will i like it as much as i did my N78? Nokia, don't fail me now...

In the meantime, go mum! Lead the charge for a generation of aunties.

No comments: