Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fear.



What happens when you wear tees that are WAYY too small for you.

You know death doesn't scare me as much anymore.
More frightening is the fact that I can't recognize myself.
In recent weeks, there's been thoughts flashing through.
Processed, weighed and thrown out.

Inside, heavy rain pours in the valleys of what used to be a heart.
Why? I realize how selfish I've become.
An unwilling stubbornness to put my trust in another's decisions
Leading to self-determining what is best and taking action.

I question in the midst of all of this, where are you my God?
Softly, He calls me assuring me that He has and will always be there.
But I run further and further, knowing full well that the bitter pill is the only cure.

Perhaps it could be attributed to the betrayal I feel. Not towards God.
Faith in man is always misplaced, but yet we once again we tread on.
The shards of glass glistening in the scorch of sunlight.

Do we learn our lesson? No. But once again, I find myself running in circles.
Stop looking in from the outside, todays facades exist in smiles.
In the shadow of the faces that exhibit love, lie souls that need love.
Don't pass a friend by just because he seems alright.

Josh

No comments: