Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crazy Friday.

I haven't blogged in a while. For good measure. Had the craziest friday recently. Seriously. The 17th July. Anyway, here are the stooges.




It wasn't all smiles at 11am.

We go up to Beat Merchants and set-up. Day before, I get told by Ernie the songs and to learn them. Great right? Anyway, back to 11am.

  • Justin (other guy in red in the middle) says he's got a sore throat. Strike 1.
  • Nick (chinese dude on the right) says he's not really a bassist. Strike 2.
  • The whole band couldn't really come together. Strike 3.

Needless to say, I was pretty upset at what seemed like a wasted day. So after 3 hours, we went down to SP @ Dover. Taxi fare, everything.
  • I've met Justin once before in my life, Enrico (drummer, Eurasian dude) once in my life and I've never met Nick before. Justin has never met Enrico and Nick before and Enrico has never met Justin, myself and its his first time seeing Nick. Great. Strike 4.

We get to the Auditorium after walking like what seemed like a mile, lugging all the equipment.

  • We walk into the the place and all we could hear were metal bands. Some good metal bands too, Strike 5.
  • Then they told us that our set would be at 940pm, it was only 3pm. Strike 6.
I think for a 5-hour old band, we were pretty daring to play a competition. Of course, its not a dare if you didn't know about it beforehand. I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole and spit me out at home.

Eventually we played. Surprisingly, we got good reviews from the friends that came to watch us. I was skeptic because I thought it sounded like crap. Anyway, so we wait for the results.

And now, I'm $60 richer. Yes.

Moral of the story? 5-hour bands go somewhere baby.

No comments: